The Canton of Lucerne has been continually lowering tax burdens over recent years. Indeed, Lucerne is more than keeping pace with the overall Swiss average for corporate tax relief, and has taken a top position for all of Switzerland. For average-income persons, on the other hand, the tax burden is a bit higher, in no small part due to the extensive services that Lucerne is required to render as a centre.
The tax burden is not the only criterion, however, when it comes to choosing a domicile, workplace or corporate headquarters. The Canton of Lucerne can give a slew of persuasive arguments why it is an attractive canton for living and working.
- Live and work where other people go for the holidays: in a fascinating countryside with an intact environment.
- Live in a small, structured residential area – in the country, in picturesque villages – or in the middle of a pulsating but never bothersome urban area. And at prices that other regions cannot match.
- Be at home in the heart of Switzerland and yet connected with the entire world: along the most important North-South highway of Europe, but also with easy access through public transportation and at a short distance from Zurich airport.
- Profit from extraordinary educational offerings: widely diversified vocational schools, fully developed secondary schools, six technical colleges covering all fields and an up-to-date, fast-growing university.
- Superb health services and fully developed social services are available in the event things don’t go so well.
- Enjoy versatile recreational offerings: music, film, theatre, cabaret; world-famous museums and top-notch concert halls featuring internationally acclaimed artists.
- And last but not least: Lucerne has a customer-oriented, unbureaucratic administration. The city has developed transparent, simple procedures and readily offers assistance to residents and companies.
All good reasons for choosing Lucerne as the Canton for your home and workplace.